Project Life: Summer Cover



I recently finished my first PL album - a 6x8 album covering my spring semester. I take a lot more photos in the summer and I have much more time to put spreads together, so I decided to switch it up and go for 12x12 album. When putting my cover together, it was slightly overwhelming and I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do when school starts up again. This cover went through a ton of phases. First it was all kraft cardstock and then all patterned paper and then came the transparency.


It's hard to tell because of the white background, I know (if anyone has tips on photographing spreads/layouts using transparencies, I would be eternally grateful k thanks), but that transparency is great. I has clouds on it and it hurt my soul to cut it up and use it because I've been hoarding it since I got it. Because clouds. Clouds, people. I have priorities. Clouds are one of them.

I believe it's from Studio Calico - it came in a kit a while back. The triangles were hand cut because I am a poor college student with no paperpunch, die cut machine, or cameo. It took a little bit longer than I would have liked, but I'm definitely happy with how it came out. Although some are cut kind of sloppily due to laziness and frustration (and probably some exhaustion because it was past a decent hour when I was putting it together), I like the haphazard look. The paper I used was mostly from Basic Grey's Fact or Fiction lines using the 6x6 paper pads. There may also be some Dear Lizzy thrown in there.
 I used some American Crafts thickers for my title and Basic Grey letters for the small 2014. The typed up text are just summer related song lyrics because I like other people's words better than my own. I finished it up with some enamel dots and wood veneer from Hello Forever from Studio Calico's Hello, Hello kit.

1 comment:

  1. I love the kraft pieces with the colored papers on it!

    ReplyDelete